Learn how to sharpen clipper blades for stylists, barbers and groomers. This school covers the basics of sharpening blades for groomers and barbers.
Choose in-person or on-line class
1) One or 2 person instruction - 8 hours (same price) at the Bonika Shears Office
2) Unlimited days of practice as desired.
3) Training Manual
4) Step by Step Laminated "recipe" for shaprening
5) 1 Hour clipper sharpening video plus additional links to sharpening videos.
6) Practice blades to take home
8) $100.00 discount if you also purchase the Shear Sharpening class.
9) Certificate of Training
On-Line Training Includes:
1) One person instruction 3 - 1 hour sessions
2) Training Manual
4) 1 Hour clipper sharpening video plus additional links to sharpening videos
5) Additional hours on-line $100 per hour.
After you register we will send an email with the training manual, video links and contact you as to the best training dates to meet your schedule. We suggest you call first to check out the dates. 770-972-4332
How to reassemble blades with the correct set back
Types of blades and how to sharpen: Detachable, trimmers, 5n1, ceramic, adjustable, and large animal,
How to care for your clipper hone
Sources for parts and help
We will be using the Nebraska Blades machine. Information learned is complimentary to any blade hone. If you wish to purchase a clipper blade none we recommend the Nebraska Blade hone. You can pick it up at our location or have it shipped directly to you. Please bring in clipper blades you might have, however we have hundreds of blades here for practice.
How many barber and groomer shops are in your area? Did you know that sharpeners can earn a serious income? Work full or part-time. Blade sharpening will pay you immediately $7.5 to $12 per blade with cash and credit card. Groomers and barbers have blades sharpened every 90 days on average and each may have a dozen or more blades each. This is a one person business opportunity with little or no overhead and very low start-up cost.