Digital Group Shear Sharpening Classes taught by Bonnie Megowan
Monthly schedule of topics. Next class February 8, 2021 6 - 8 pm EST
$50.00 per person.
Sharpening Thinners and Texturizers
On-line group class for shear sharpeners. 6 to a class with two way visuals using Google Meet.
This class will explore the following:
- Understanding types of thinners and texturizers
- How to sharpen each thinner / texturizer type
- Demonstration of sharpening a "no-line thinner," "Alpha Blade Texturizer" and more.
- How to fix a catching tooth.
- Phone, tablet or laptop with capabilities to send and receive video plus access to a high speed internet.
- Good lighting and set-up so others can view your work. Please have a stand or method to aim the camera at your waterstone.
- Samples of thinners or texturizers you might have to discuss how to address them.
- A hand held stone such as an archone, pink or white stone, etc.
Please contact us if you wish to purchase any of these supplies from us. I will arrange a private pre-class meeting several days before the group class to be sure your video set-up is suitable.